Monday, September 15, 2008

Brewing up something special....and look what I lost!

These 2 events don't really go together but hey I've got to take the time to post when I can find it:

Harper Brew

Last Friday Chris brewed a new batch of beer, it's been a couple months since his last and he decided he needed to make a Harper brew. Does it make us bad parents if we celebrate the birth of our child with a tasty beer? Anyway, since it has been a long time since I have been able to enjoy his concoctions he let me pick the flavor. We're trying a fall flavored cranberry wheat recipe. I'm sure it will be fantastic and some of you may just be lucky enough to sample it for yourself!
Goodbye Umbilical Cord

This Saturday Harper said goodbye to the remnants of what kept her going for the past 9 months and decided to show us her cute little belly button:



I know babies can't smile by choice this early on, but doesn't it look as though she's smiling, pointing at her belly button and saying "look how cute I am":


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how adorable!! Love the picts- and no, you aren't a bad parent for brewing beer and you SHOULD drink one in celebration! Remember nurse Harper-drink-wait 2 hrs-nurse Harper - hehe, that's a little Lactation advice from your LC-in-training friend! :-)

Anonymous said...

She is ssssssssssooooo cute! I love the smile ( I always just pretended that Chloe knew she was smiling..made me feel better) And I love that you showed your Coug spirit by drinking up! You have to do that when the baby is born. I miss you and I know that the phone is the furthest thing from your mind..I'll be here when you feel up to it! Love ya Duss!!

Court and Jay said...

Ya..Ya..Ya..Harper's belly button is cute and all - but please save some Harper Brew for the Eversheds! ;) I think it's totally fitting that you chose a cranberry flavored beer in honor of your redhead. Looking forward to celebrating our babes and the end of our "dry period" together Cuz! Make it tasty Mac Daddy Chris!!!

loliac said...

My arms are twitching at the thought that I am going to be holding that cute little girl in a few short days! Can't wait!!!