Sunday, August 17, 2008

Surviving the Heat!!!

My mom always jokes about floating around in the above ground pool 30 years ago when she was pregnant with me in August and feeling like a whale. I can finally appreciate all that she went through!
95 degrees without air conditioning and a permanent portable space heater can really take it's toll on you. Jess and Kathy came to visit this weekend and Tina was so nice to buy an inflatable pool to help us try and survive the heat.
We started out with just a foot dip........



but Kathy and I eventually fully immersed our prego bodies for a couple hours (I'm so sad we missed the photo opp.). It definitely helped!


Up until yesterday I had avoided the fantastic foot swelling, I don't know if it was the fact that Kathy and I had a conversation about it in the morning or that it was so dang hot but it finally caught up with me last night! Chris is definitely logging his time as a foot masseuse.

It was so great to have friends around this weekend, thank you Tina for the pool, Ryan & Angie for joining us for dinner and most importantly Jess and Kathy for making the trek up to survive the heat with us!

We also managed to finally take the family photo I needed for Harper's Baby Book....thanks Kathy!




4 comments:

Dottie said...

Great pic!! Sounds like a fun weekend!

loliac said...

Awwww... cute picture! I was thinking about you during these hot, hot days. Thank goodness for the rain today! Hallelujah!

Can't wait to get "that" call, sister!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dussy!!! I wanted you to know that I was thinking about you a ton and remember exactly where I was 4 days before my due date. I am so excited to meet Harper! I am also so happy our little girls are only 4 months apart! After you have the baby the furthest thing from your mind is talking on the phone, but when you get there, I can't wait to talk to you! Miss you Duss!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm DYING of curiosity Amanda!! How are you? Any contractions?? So excited for you to go through this experience!